Merlin Helps Students
UK student
information & resource portal
Home | Student Life | Resource Centre | Colleges | Universities | Lifestyle | Forum | Parents Guide | Glossary | About Us | Site Map | Useful Links

Forum Navigation
Forum
Forum
  Active Topics
Active Topics
  Display List of Forum Members
Memberlist
  Search The Forum
Search
  Help
Help
  Register
Register
  Login
Login
General Forum
 Merlin Forums : General Forum
Subject Topic: earth Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
madflyingcow2

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote madflyingcow2

lets do a favour to earth also to ourselves

1. Get rid of petrol.  Although cars are a comfortable and safe means of transportation, a status symbol to some, pulling machine to others. Petrol isnt good for enviroment or good on your pocket. (ever tried carrying petrol, it just leaks.)
A safer more friendly way would, be to use super conducting electro magnets as a form of propulsion, (also reduce road traffic accidents as you could use them as bumpers).  Consider for a moment a motorway, all traffic flowing the same way, now consider a superconducting electro magnetic strip going down the centre of each lane (north polarity). On the underside of car also a north polarity magnet.(dont know whether you've ever tried to push two magnets of the same poles together, but its bloody hard as they push away from each other) On the underside of cars you could have the magnets at an angle so the poles were always pushing against the strip. Hence propulsion. You could also put coils under the carrageway, so all the traffic going north on oneside and all the traffic going south on the other, would create electricity (i think, just randon thinking at the moment) to power the lighting and also some of the power to the superconducting electro magnets....(be aware only for use on motorway, as you wouldn't wish to drive through somewhere like cambridge or oxford, all those poor cyclists and grannies with their zimmers, being sucked under your car, mind you fit women with their under wire bras would be intresting) You could also use dynamos on your car wheels to charge rechargeable batteries, which you could take of when you got home to power your tvs comps blah blah blah, you get the jist - or if you don't you should go to uni.

2. Go for a more localised life, use whats around - local farms, for fresh fruit veg , even steak milk cheese , you get the jist. it tastes really nice (cuts down on transportation costs of food and the pollutants) and the food lasts longer as its all fresh, (dont think of borrowing a cow though you ever tried moving one and these days even the local farmers are getting sued for sexual harrasment, squezzing the cows teets). Work try to make it local. dont get stuck in traffic for hours on end, get your self a push bike, keeps you fit, dont cost much, nothing to run, although hail stones arent too pleasant, takes just as long to get somewhere as it does in a car. As you can go off road, ignore traffic lights (well thats just me, i wouldnt advise it to others).

3. Cut down on water use. Have a shower alot nicer and refreshing than a bath, you can also have a piss in one saves on the chain flush. Brushing teeth- turn the tap off whilst your brushing. Have a glass of water for rinsing toothbrush and swilling. If your misses likes long baths, tell her some rubbish, like those wrinkles she get in water will start to last forever also free bathroom up for you. Have a water stub outside, if you have a downstairs loo just use the water from that for flushing  also saves on cleaning it to often. As the sticky sh*t you can angle the water directly on it.

4. Ditch the tv, swap it for a comp, uses a lot less electric. and you can quite legally download any film music book ect you want peer to peer sharing can also programme you comp to send birthday cards ect via email..so theres no more sorry i forgot,,, and getting lumbered with buying an expensive meal or having to explain to your misses and spending ages making it upto her

5.ditch the lights, you can buy wind up lanterns these days there really good, led lights are really bright and last years on just three batteries.

6. Buy yourself an excerise bike - keeps you fit - also attach dynmaos to it to charge batteries- or directly charge things like electric razors, hair dryers-hair straighterners for you women,,For women it also give you a nice butt.

7.  Make your own wine or beer, havent tried myself, but could prehaps save a fortune.

8. Save on cleaning products air fresherners ect .. buy some flowers - they smell nice . bit poncy for blokes but hey they look nice or buy your woman a bunch benifit in other ways, use vingear for cleaning or lemons ect more intune with the enviorment cut down the transportation cost to supermarkets ect packaging

9 buy yourself some cotten carrier bags, no chance of your shopping going flying and you can reuse them for years no more plastc bag handles cutting into your fingers, better on enviroment. fits in your pocket can use them to carry anything.

10   Buy yourself a decent pair of head phones, be nice to your neighbours. also cheaper than expensive speakers amps ect uses less electric if you want really loud music, just get yourself a plug in speaker for your computer if more than one listening, for friendly music,, no need to spend loads ass conversation is better than music.. or if having a party just borrow someone expensive music gear.

11.  Get yourself a variety of friends, lend and borrow stuff, its friendly, saves you money and kinda to the enviroment as it cuts down on the manufacturing and transportation of goods.also saves you money! (i know tis jewish blood that courses throw my viens :o)

12. Try to work from home, information technology allows you to do any office job from home, what with web cams, telephone,ect ( you also get the benefits from beable to have a cuppa when you like, some fun with the missis, no transportattion costs, no need to buy expensive work clothes, after shave, perfum, no need to even get ready in the morning, even when ill you can work from home, so no loss of wage - unless you just fancy a day off if you've got a really bad hang over) Save your self a fortune . You don't even have to put up with people who piss you off at work, they become just a click on the comp,,, with the excuse comp crashed sorry.. tis all good for enviroment, less RTAs from people rushing to work, no road rage, no petrol blah blah blah.you could spend the money you save on going down the pub, on what you consider your lunch break, having a nice meal and a chat$

13. Cut down on holidays abroad, i know we got rubbish weather, yet with the money you save by staying in this country you can spend on luxury hotels, adventerous pursuits,, even if you want to experience forigen cultures just go to london.. there more forgein(wonder how you spell that)cultures there, call it a worldly experience. all good for enviroment, plane fuel bugger ozone more than any other form of petrol. Feel free to dress stupidly as well,

14. clothes, wait till summer and go shave a sheep, be nice and warm for winter. good for enviroment good for sheep.

15 where the spell check on this..thanks for pointing out my spelling sucks with your red lines...typical.........
any other ideas so i can save some money? i mean make people more considerate to enviromental issues

Back to Top View madflyingcow2's Profile Search for other posts by madflyingcow2

madflyingcow2

Posted: 19 Sept 2009 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote madflyingcow2

hey i liked this...
Back to Top View madflyingcow2's Profile Search for other posts by madflyingcow2

madflyingcow2

Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:46pm | IP Logged Quote madflyingcow2

hey i spent 5 mins on this.  (going through my envioremental stage).  People i talk rubbish,  yet after a few beers i think its great.  Realality is boring. 

MorganNick

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 6:08am | IP Logged Quote MorganNick

I appreciate your efforts for giving us a nice article.I admit that the toxic carbon emissions polluting the earth.The time has come for nation,people and world organizations  to come forward and preserve the earth's environment.

madflyingcow2

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 5:58pm | IP Logged Quote madflyingcow2

Just becase i'm bored. Smile.

madflyingcow2

Posted: 16 July 2012 at 8:04pm | IP Logged Quote madflyingcow2

hey. pay attention!

jinchen
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 7:09am | IP Logged Quote jinchen

there, the 13-inch MacBook Air is a sleek but pricey pricey cheap jordans free shipping pricey choice for back-to-school. At just under three pounds, one of the lightest and thinnest notebooks on the market market cheap jordan shoes market and a good choice for those who want an Mac.Starting at $1,150 (that includes a student discount), you get get cheap real jordans get 4GB of RAM, an Intel Core i5 processor and of the best display resolutions (1440 x 900 pixels) cheap jordan shoes for a notebook of its size. It all housed in an aluminum body that wins easy points for for

cheap jordan shoes

for style. Expect up to seven hours of battery and a solid state drive for quick boot-up times.For back-to-school, back-to-school, jordan concord back-to-school, students purchasing a Mac before Sept. 21 receive a$100 card. (APPLE) Before purchasing a new device, it's a good good

cheap jordan shoes

good idea to check your school's website to see what recommendations are regarding technical specs for personal computers and laptops. laptops. cheap real jordans laptops. If the information is unavailable online, reach out the IT department for general guidelines. Many times, schools schools

cheap real jordans

schools also offer pre-negotiated educational discounts that can help their save even more money than they would by purchasing computers computers jordan concord computers and laptops on their own.LeAnn Rimes and Other Stars Up 
Back to Top View jinchen's Profile Search for other posts by jinchen

judy9146
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 1:55am | IP Logged Quote judy9146

ThinkPad Twist and Lynx models. All three of the the hermes birkin purse the Windows 8 computers pair touch screens with keyboards.In some as with the Lynx, Lenovo is offering a simple tablet tablet cheap designer handbags tablet with a keyboard accessory, but in others, like the it is offering a laptop with a hinged screen that that hermes birkin purse that is more flexible than your yoga instructor. Flexibility With Yoga, which was first previewed at the Consumer Electronics Show Show

replica hermes birkin

Show last year, looks like a regular laptop -- until start pushing the screen back. The hinge moves 360 degrees, degrees, replica handbags degrees, allowing you to rotate the screen all the way the back of the keyboard to make it a tablet. tablet. hermes kelly tablet. You can also prop it up and turn it an easel or tent of sorts. To see the entire entire hermes sample sale entire thing in action we encourage you to check out video above.The Yoga will come in two flavors. The Yoga Yoga

replica designer handbags

Yoga 13 comes with Intel processors (Core i3 or i5), 13.3-inch display, and Windows 8 Pro. It will start at at

hermes sample sale

at $1,099 and will be sold at Best Buy starting 26, when Windows 8 officially launches.The Yoga 11 will have have hermes sample sale have an 11-inch screen and be powered by an ARM 3 processor from Nvidia.The lower-powered processor enables the computer to to

replica hermes birkin

to run Windows RT, a version of Windows that doesn't older applications. However, because of the lower-energy chip, it will will hermes birkin purse will run 13 hours on a single battery charge. The architecture also costs less, so the Yoga 11 will start start

hermes kelly

start at $799.Twist, LynxWhile the Yogas might steal the show their flexible screens, Lenovo has two more tablet/keyboard devices up up

replica designer handbags

Back to Top View judy9146's Profile Search for other posts by judy9146

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version